Enriched Family Austin Summer Camp Special Feature: Sports Camps
This is the third in a series of posts I am doing on summer camps in the Austin area. Previous posts focused on science and STEM-based camps and arts-based camps. This week's post focuses on a variety of sports camps, including baseball, basketball, climbing, gymnastics, horseback riding, martial arts, multi-sport, and soccer camps.
If you ever have suggestions for topics you would like to see Enriched Family cover in a blog post, please send them to hello[at]enrichedfamily.com.
Please note, the following is provided for informational purposes only; the information is accurate and true to the best of my knowledge, but there may be omissions, errors or mistakes, and no guarantees are made.
Baseball and Softball
Camp name: Longhorn Baseball Camps
Details: We are excited to offer a variety of camps for players of all ages and ability levels and anticipate our camps positively impacting each and every young ballplayer that we encounter. We offer a strong coach to player ratio which allows campers to receive personalized instruction from some of the top instructors in the game. UFCU Disch-Falk Field provides the perfect venue for players to develop their skills and a love for our national pastime.
Camp details by session:
- June 25-August 2, Skills and Scrimmaging Camp (grades 1-6). Day camp, weekly sessions run M-Th (9am-1pm), June 25-28, July 9-12, July 16-19, and July 30-August 2. Cost: $350.
- July 23-26, Jr. All-Star Camp (grades 6-9). Weekly session runs M-Th. Cost: Day camper ($600) and overnight camper ($800).
- July 13-15, All-Star Camp (grades 9-12). Session runs F-Sun. Cost: Day camper ($500) and overnight camper ($650).
- August 18 and 19, Longhorn Showcase (grades 9-12). Session runs Saturday, Aug. 18 (2021-2022 graduation years) or Sunday, Aug. 19 (2019-2022 graduation years). Cost: Pitcher and hitter ($150); Pitcher only ($100); Position Player only ($100)
Area: Central Austin-UT Campus (UFCU Disch-Falk Field, 300 E Martin Luther King Jr Blvd.)
Camp name: Round Rock Express Baseball Camps
Details: The Round Rock Express baseball camps offer big league quality instruction on the fundamentals of the game of baseball and softball. Express baseball and softball camps range in ages and offer opportunities for all skill levels. We pride ourselves on providing high-level baseball and softball instruction from knowledgeable and experienced coaches. Express camps aim to develop the complete ballplayer by not only focusing on the physical skill sets, but leadership and mental skills as well. All camps are for ages 6-12, except for the full day and overnight camps (ages 8-14).
Camp details by session:
- Camp 1, June 11-14. Half day camp (9am-12pm). $225
- Camp 2, June 25-28. Half day camp (9am-12pm). $225
Camp 3A, July 9-12. Full day camp. (9am-5pm, except camp will end at 12pm on Thursday, July 12). $375
- Camp 3B, July 9-12. Overnight camp. (9am-5pm, except camp will end at 12pm on Thursday, July 12). $525
- Camp 4, July 23-26. Half day camp (9am-12pm). $225
- Softball Camp, August 2. Half day camp (9am-12pm). $99
Area: North-Round Rock (3400 East Palm Valley Blvd., Round Rock)
Details: Coach Celester Collier (Head Basketball Coach at Bowie High School) will be running every camp with his son. Your child will have fun, stay active, and develop his or her basketball skills inside the Soccer Zone state-of-the-art 35,000 square feet, air-conditioned facility. The 2018 camps will be limited to 35 players per week, so register today! Weekly camps will focus on fundamentals, ball handling, and shooting. Half and full day sessions available.
Area: South Austin - SoccerZone South Austin (9501 Manchaca Road, 78748)
Dates: Weekly camp sessions run June 18-August 10
Ages: Rising 1st through 8th graders
Hours: Half days run 8:30am to noon; Full days run 8:30am-4:30pm
Cost: $289/week (full day); $189/week (half day)
Details: Our camp is designed to inspire campers to set goals that will enable them to find success both on and off the basketball court. Individual skill development, competitive games, informative instruction, and great on campus facilities all serve to equip each camper to become a better basketball player. Many of our current and former Texas players were campers. The staff of experienced coaches and the competition level of talented players from around the country served as a springboard for their development as young players. We are expecting another fun summer full of campers that are willing to work toward their goals!
Camp details by session:
- June 11-14, Player Development Camp (rising 9-12th graders). Day camp, week-long session runs M-Th (8:30am-4pm). Cost: $330. Early drop off beginning at 7:30am is available for $25/per camper (runs Tu-Th) and late pick up is available M-W until 5:30pm for $25/per camper.
- June 16, Team Camp (high school teams & club teams). Cost: $500 per team. Schedule, registration time, and location will be determined closer to the camp dates.
- June 18-21, Fundamental Day Camp 1 (rising 3rd-8th graders). Day camp, week-long session runs M-Th (8:30am-4pm). Cost: $330. Early drop off beginning at 7:30am is available for $25/per camper (runs Tu-Th) and late pick up is available M-W until 5:30pm for $25/per camper.
- June 25-28, Fundamental Day Camp 2 (rising 3rd-8th graders). Day camp, eek-long session runs M-Th (8:30am-4pm). Cost: $330. Early drop off beginning at 7:30am is available for $25/per camper (runs Tu-Th) and late pick up is available M-W until 5:30pm for $25/per camper.
Area: Central Austin-UT Campus (Denton Cooley Pavilion, the basketball practice facility connected to the south side of the Frank Erwin Center at 1701 Red River Street)
Camp name: Crux Crushers Climbing Camp
Details: Get ready for the most exciting weeks at Crux Climbing Center! Crux Crushers Camps will provide youth with a safe environment to explore their skills in rock climbing, while making new friends and building confidence. On top of it all, campers will participate in yoga, crafts, and fun games!
Available dates and ages:
- Week long, day camps (M-F, 9am-3pm) for ages 6-9: July 9-13 and August 13-17.
- Week long, day camps (M-F, 9am-3pm) for ages 9-12: June 25-29 and July 23-27.
Area: Central/East Austin - Crux Climbing Center (121 Pickle Rd, Ste 100)
Cost: Members - $300 for all week; Nonmembers - $350 for all week
Camp name: Champions Westlake
Details: Champions Westlake is dedicated to creating a safe, fun and nurturing environment where students not only conquer new skills, but learn valuable life lessons. Athletes train in an atmosphere of support and encouragement that fosters confidence, respect and discipline. Our synergistic and instructional approach focuses on the whole student in an effort to enhance their social, mental and physical development. Our goal is that they experience success not only as athletes but also as individuals.
Area: Southwest Austin, 2805 Bee Cave Rd., Suite 405
Dates: Weekly camps run May 29-August 10
Camp details by age:
- Champ Camp (ages 2-10): 9am-1pm ($205 for five day camps). Early bird drop-off is available from 8am-9am for $60/week.
- Skills Camp (ages 6-14): 1pm-3:30pm ($175 for five day camps). Sign up for Champ Camp and Skills Camp for full day (9am-3:30pm).
- Crew Camp (ages 11-14; Crew Campers learn leadership and responsibility by training alongside Champ Camp coaches and receive partial reimbursement at the end of week): 8:30am-1:30pm ($150 for five day camps).
Camp name: Jump! Gymnastics Summer Camp
Details: Gymnastics, arts and crafts, games, special guests, open play, and zen time. Children are organized into two separate camp groups, divided by age (3-5 years and 6-12 years). Half, full, and extended day options available.
Available dates: Camps run weekly at both locations from June 4-August 17
Camp themes by week (both locations):
- June 4-8 Superheroes
- June 11-15 Rockstar (half day available as well)
- June 18-22 Space Odyssey (half day available as well)
- June 25-29 Mystery Madness (half day available as well)
- July 2–13 Olympic Stars (closed July 4*)
- July 16–20 Shipwreck (half day available as well)
- July 23–27 Pirates!
- July 30–Aug 3 Jurassic Journey
- August 6–10 Rainforest Funfari
- August 13–17 Hawaiian Luau
Camper Ages: 3 (must be potty trained) through 12
Hours: Regular camp/full day is 9am-3pm; extended day is 9am-6pm (for additional fee); and 8am drop off is available for an additional fee. Half days are 9am-1pm.
Cost: Full day is $270/week; extended day is $350/week; Early drop off (8am) is $50/week; and half day sessions are $220/week. $60 Lifetime Membership Fee is required if you are not already a member of Jump! $100 Deposit per week/per child. Multi–camp and sibling discounts available.
*Jump! received the Austin Family Magazine 2017 Readers' Poll Favorites Award in 2011, 2014, and 2015
Details: Do you know some horse crazy kids? We’ve got the solution. What about a horse camp? Beginners receive a good foundation from which to continue their riding experience, and more advanced riders have the opportunity to improve their skills.
Area: East, 1000 Fallwell Lane, Del Valle, TX. Van service is available to the first 14 campers enrolled each week ($35.00 weekly van fee). Van picks up and drops off from Westlake Hills at the Michael’s Shopping Center (located at the corner of Bee Caves Road and Walsh Tarlton). Pick-up is at 8:40 a.m. Drop-off is at 4:20 p.m.
Available dates: Weekly camp sessions from May 28-June 29 and July 9-August 17.
Camper ages: Girls and boys ages 7-16. No prior riding experience is necessary. Children are divided into riding groups based on their riding skill level.
Hours: M-F, 9am–4pm (w/ van transportation, pick-up is at 8:40am. Drop-off is at 4:20pm)
Cost: $350 or $385 w/van transportation
Details: We strive to teach all of our campers basic horsemanship. Campers not only learn how to ride they learn the basics of colors, horse care, herd dynamics and much more. During their riding time we make sure that all campers learn how to control their own horse and not just follow in line. We do this through fun games and exercises. On Friday, campers will be putting on an end of the week horse show.
Area: North Austin, 4829 Switch Willo
Available dates: Weekly camp sessions from May 28-August 17.
Camper ages: Camp is offered to children aged 5-15 years. Campers are divided into small groups based on age and riding ability.
Hours: M (8:30am-4pm), T-F (9am-4pm). Extended care option available for 8am drop off and 5pm pick up (the cost is $10 per slot or $20 per day for both).
*Received the Austin Family Magazine 2017 Readers' Poll Favorites Award, the 2017 Expertise Award for Best Horse Boarders in Austin, and the 2017 Nurture My Child Best Camp Award.
Camp name: Champion's Way Martial Arts Summer Camp
Details: Our mission is to enhance and build confidence, leadership skills, and respect for each other through the teachings and traditions of Martial Arts. We offer a family friendly environment where traditional Taekwondo and modern Kajukenbo are taught. Our first objective is to provide a safe environment for our students, where they can learn and grow to become future leaders. Each of our students will benefit from the reinforcement of Integrity, Honor, Courage, Respect, Strength, Effort and Self-Discipline.
Camp Details: Round Rock Martial Arts & Fun Camp. At the Champions Way Summer Camp, your child will experience an introduction to Martial Arts, meet new friends, learn new games and have fun filled days! Students will have a fun-filled week that includes: Games * Martial Arts Instruction * Movies * Swimming * Field Trips.
- Sample Daily Schedule:
- M-F, Drop off: 7:00-8:30am; Pickup: 3:30-6:00pm
- 8:30-11:30am - Board Games/Wii Tournaments
- 12:30-3:30pm - Activities/Martial Arts Class
- Tuesday - Friday
- 8:30am-3:30pm - Daily Activities/Martial Arts Class/Field Trips
Area: North - Round Rock (1401 S IH 35 Frontage Road, #210)
Dates: Weekly camp sessions run May 29-August 17
Hours: 7am - 6pm (see sample daily schedule above)
Cost: $165/week (Early bird registration rate - ends April 20); $175/week (Early bird registration rate - register between April 21 and May 18); $190/week (regular rate - register between May 19 and August 15)
Camp name: Life Ki-do Martial Arts Karate Camp
Details: We help your child find happiness & confidence from within themselves rather than looking to others for validation and self-worth. And, we have a BLAST doing it! In addition to martial arts drills and games, Karate Camp includes a ninja obstacle course, padded nunchuks and swords, and snack/free time in which campers can choose between a variety of activities. Kids have tons of fun while learning breathing techniques for focus and anxiety, tools for inner confidence, friendship skills, and team building. On Friday, you’re welcome to attend the final 30 minutes of camp so you can see what your child has been working on during the week. We end with an inspiring belt ceremony in the final 10 minutes on Friday. All levels welcome! No experience needed. Partial day camps.
Camp details by age:
Power Ninja Camps – for kids ages 5 to 7 - $175
June 4th-8th, 10am-12pm
June 18th-22nd, 10am-12pm
July 16th-20th, 10am-12pm
August 6th-10th, 10am-12pm
Samurai Camps – for kids ages 7 to 10 - $199
June 11th-15th, 10am-1pm
July 23rd-27th, 10am-1pm
Area: Southwest Austin; Westlake dojo at 3636 Bee Caves Rd.
*My daughter has taken an after school class weekly at Life Ki-do for the past year. We love their teachers and approach. Voted Best After School Activity 2013 by Austin Chronicle, Best Martial Arts for Youth by Austin Family and Austin Fit Magazine, and Favorite Sports Education 2017 by Kids Out and About.
Camp name: All-Star Sports Camp
Details: Here at the All-Star Sports Camp, our main goal is to keep kids active throughout the summer. We promote teamwork and sportsmanship through healthy competition via sports and active games. Teaching children basic skills and game rules allows every child the chance to discover new talents and push themselves to refine their natural abilities. Above all, we want to ensure that every kid has fun exploring a variety of sports while making friends and memories along the way! Activities include soccer, kickball, basketball, flag-football, capture the flag, arts & crafts, ultimate frisbee, dodgeball, bounce house, volleyball, wiffle ball, obstacle course, splash day, and more! Activities vary slightly between locations. Sibling discounts available.
Area: Camps available at North - SoccerZone Lakeline (920 Old Mill Rd., Cedar Park, Texas) and South locations - (SoccerZone South Austin - 9501 Manchaca Rd)
Available dates: Summer camps run June through August. Campers can register for a single week, multiple weeks, or a day at a time. North location camps run June 4-August 24 and South location camps run from June 4-August 17.
Camper ages: 5-13
Hours: M-F, 8:30am-4:30pm, extended care at 8am and until 5pm available for $25/wk, each.
Cost: $289/week for full day (8:30am-4:30pm); $189 for mornings or afternoons only; $79 for single days
*Received the Nurture My Child 2017 Best of Camp Award for "Best Sports Camp"
Camp name: Sportball
Details: Sportball offers a variety of week-long, half day camps, along with some three-quarter day camps (9am-3:30pm) at a variety of locations across Austin. Our camps build upon our renowned Multi-Sport programs for expertly coached sessions filled with creative fun, exciting games and skill-based sports. Camps are offered both indoors and outdoors. Please see website for details.
Details by location:
- North: Magellan International School-Anderson Lane Campus (7938 Great Northern Blvd). Multi-Sport Indoor Camp, July 16-20 (ages 3-13). M-F, 9am-1pm ($250) and 9am-3:30pm ($360).
- Northwest: North West Austin Recreation Center (2913 Northland Drive). Multi-Sport Indoor Camps, July 23-27 and August 13-17 (ages 3-8). M-F, 9am-12pm ($190).
- Southwest: Riverbend Centre (4214 N Capital of Texas Hwy). Multi-Sport Outdoor Camps, July 23-27 (ages 3-8). M-F, 9am-12pm ($190).
- Central: Hyde Park Child Development Center (3901 Speedway). Multi-Sport Outdoor Camps, June 18-22 and July 9-13 (ages 4-10). M-F, 9am-12pm ($190).
- West: West Austin Youth Association (1314 Exposition Blvd).
- Multi-Sport Indoor Camps, May 21-25 and May 28-June 1 (ages 3-8). M-F, 9am-1pm ($250).
- Multi-Sport Camps, June 4-8 (ages 3-8). M-F, 9am-12pm ($190), 9am-3:30pm ($360), and 12:30-3:30 ($190).
- Multi-Sport Camps, July 2-6 (four-day camps, ages 3-8). M-F (no camp on July 4), 9am-12pm ($160), 9am-3:30pm ($310), and 12:30-3:30 ($160).
- Outdoor Multi-Sport Camp, July 23-27 (ages 4-9). M-F, 8:30am-11:30 ($190).
- Multi-Sport Camp, August 13-17 (ages 3-8). M-F, 8:30am-11:30 ($190).
- Multi-Sport Camps, August 20-24 (ages 3-8). M-F, 9am-12pm ($190), 9am-3:30pm ($360), and 12:30-3:30pm ($190).
Avery Ranch: Morning Side Park Avery Ranch (10113 Morgan Creek Dr). Multi-Sport Outdoor Camps (ages 3-8), June 18-22, M-F, 9am-12pm ($190). July 9-13, M-F, 9am-12:00pm ($190). August 6-10, M-F, 9am-12:00pm ($190).
South: Hive Austin (10415 Old Manchaca). Multi-Sport Outdoor Camps (ages 3-8), June 18-22, M-F, 9am-12pm ($190). August 6-10, M-F, 9am-12:00pm ($190).
And other locations, including Lakeway and Stiener Ranch; please check the website for details...
Camp name: Soccer Zone Lakeline - Austin Premier Academy Summer Camp
Details: Austin Premier Academy Summer Camp - Indoor Soccer. Coach Nelson and Coach Abel are two of the best soccer coaches in all of Texas. Your child will develop his/her soccer skills at SoccerZone Lakeline. Full and half day sessions are available, with late pick up and early drop off available for an additional fee.
Dates: M-F, June 25-29 and August 6-10
Hours: Full day (8:30am-4:30pm); Half day (8:30am-noon or 1-4:30pm)
Cost: $289/week (full day); $189/week (half day). Early drop-off at 8:00 am is $25/week. Late pick-up at 5:00 pm is $25/week.
Area: North Austin - Cedar Park, Soccer Zone Lakeline (920 Old Mill Rd., Cedar Park)
Enriched Family provides custom family-focused research and organizational services. If you ever need help finding the right camps, children's enrichment activities, childcare options, or schools, or need some help with family organization, please reach out! I offer a free, 20-minute initial phone consultation to all new clients to discuss matching your needs and priorities with my services. In addition, I am offering a 15% discount to all new clients through March 2018. Click the "Let's Get Started!" button at the upper-right corner of this page to contact me.
Best to you and yours!